Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

German Certificate of good conduct for persons living outside the Federal Republic of Germany

Jemand zeigt mit dem Finger auf ein erweitertes Führungszeugnis

Führungszeugnis, © Stephan Jansen/dpa

13.06.2023 - Artikel

Information in English

In the Federal Republic of Germany all police records are filed at the Federal Central Registrar, the so-called „Bundeszentralregister“ (BZR).

In order to apply for a Certificate of good conduct please download the Application Form here.

The applicant's signature on the application and the personal information requested have to be authenticated by one of the following institutions:

  • German Embassy in Luxemburg
  • Your Local Bierger-Center in Luxemburg
  • Notary residing in Luxemburg

Please sign the application in the presence of the Consular officer of the Embassy, the local Bierger-Center or Notary.

IMPORTANT: Please bring your passport or ID-card with you to identify yourself.

For the certification of signature you don’t need an appointment. You can visit the Embassy during the regular opening hours. See also: https://luxemburg.diplo.de/lu-de/botschaft

The application form has to be mailed to the Federal Office of Justice („Bundesamt für Justiz“) by the applicant, a fax application cannot be accepted. Once issued, the Certificate of Good Conduct has to be mailed to you, it cannot be faxed.

The fee of 34,07 Euros for the certification of signature has to be paid at the Embassy. The fee can be paid in cash or by credit card in euros (Visa or Mastercard only). The fee of 13,- Euros for the issuance of the certificate has to be paid in advance to the „Bundesamt für Justiz“ by money transfer to the account number provided in the application form.

Please state your name, birth name, first name and your birth date on the transferring document or the international draft. For further information on international drafts or money transfers, please contact your bank.

Please be informed that the certificate will be sent only to the applicant's home address or to a German authority. If you want your certificate sent to a German authority, please enclose a letter of request by the concerned authority, and state state the name and address of the receiving authority and file number (if applicable) in your application.

nach oben